Monday, October 31, 2011

Our big little mystery man


March 9, 2011. The day our lives were forever changed for the better. I remember it very vividly, but I'll save that story for another day. Fast forward 264 days and here we are. 37 weeks and 4 days into this pregnancy. Only 2 weeks and 3 days to go. Hopefully. Lord, please don't let it be any longer.

For a while now, I've really begun to wonder what our little mystery man will look like. The more intense his movements became, the more it started to feel like a little alien had taken over my abdomen! So, naturally, I stared to wonder, will this little man karate chopping his way though my insides have Jim's dimples? Will he have his wit, his intellect, his musical snobbery? Will he have any of my features? Will he have hair at birth or will he be like the Gerber baby? Will he enjoy going on runs with Mom? Goodness, let's hope so. Or else the B.O.B. is going to be just a pricey coat rack.

Today, we did get a little bit of insight into part of our little mystery man's physique. At 37 weeks, our little fighter is proving to be a heavy weight already.  He's weighing in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces! The doctor thinks he'll easily reach 8 1/2 pounds by 40 weeks, if not more. Yikes! Jim says he'll probably come out benching 45 lbs easy. Maybe he'll be tall too so I can have someone else around here to help me reach things on the top shelf for me. No matter what he looks like or what his personality, one thing is for sure. It's no mystery how much this big little man is loved. We are dying to meet him. I'm practically counting the minutes. 24,480 to be exact. Hopefully not a minute longer. 


Jacob, 21 weeks

Jim, circa 1982
Me, circa 1984






No comments:

Post a Comment