Monday, September 24, 2012

10 months already?

I had really good intentions of posting this one on time....and then life happened. But alas, I have fallen into this habit of staying up obscenely past a reasonable bed time doing very important things that I just "must" do right then. Like surfing the net in search of the world's best sippy cup with a straw in it. Or creating custom stamps for Jacob's first birthday party invitations (whoa?! 1st birthday party planning already?! ahhhhhh!)



Jacob,
Ten months have come and gone! I feel like I say this every month, but oh my goodness how time flies! You'll learn soon enough for yourself that your mom does love to repeat herself. Your dad finds it endearing. Well, that's one word for it. :)

You are still absolutely incapable of sitting or staying still for more than a split second! Diaper changes are next to impossible. They usually involve you squirming & turning around, crawling away from me three or four times while squealing with delight about your escape. Especially if I change you on the bed. You find it oh-so-fun to see how quickly you can get away from my grasp!

This is what a 10 month photo shoot looks like with a squirmy-wormy baby!





Your newest favorite toy is my old iPhone case (well, second favorite after the phone itself, but since I don't let you play with that, you settle for the case). You love cheese more than anything and have gone through a phase of not wanting to eat vegetables unless they are freshly made or at least heated. We've had it so easy with you since birth - you've never wanted anything heated and always enjoyed cold bottles and cold food. But lately we discovered that the only way to get you to not spit out your carrots and peas was to serve them to you warm. Go figure. Not too much to ask at all, just funny that it took us so long to figure out why you were all of the sudden on a veggie-strike!

You've mastered getting around from place to place with your unique style of crawling (an army, belly kind of crawl that really doubles as our own personal little floor sweeper. We should look into making you the first Dyson-baby. I bet that face could sell a LOT of vacuum cleaners). You've continued to work on pulling yourself up, with a lot more success very recently. Usually when there is something on the couch that you are really interested in. Otherwise, you're pretty content to find something else to play with that is more reachable. You're very easy going in that way.



You went from one tooth at 8 1/2 months to four by the end of your tenth month! Both bottom and the other top tooth came in very quickly after the first one cut. You have also very recently taken to biting me. Can we say OUCH now that you are so well-endowed with those pearly whites? It's been a new experience for me - beginning to "discipline". It's hard to put you down and not play with you when you bite. For now, it bothers me more than it bothers you! Speaking of...you are definitely laying off the "mamitis", at least a little. You're still a mama's boy, which I love of course, but you're enjoying a little bit of new found independence, too.

At home on the weekends, you are still a two-nap-a-day baby, which from everything I read and hear is very appropriate for your age. A morning nap around 9:30 am and an afternoon nap around 2:00 pm. Works perfectly for us. But at school, every day when I pick you up and look at your daily sheet, I see the words "REFUSED" in between 9 and 10 AM on the nap line. You must be having too much fun with the other babies! It is quite a hoot to watch you interact with them. Lately in the mornings I stand outside and watch you for a little bit from the window in the door to your classroom. One of the funniest things I had the pleasure of witnessing was when your buddy Brooks crawled by and you yanked his paci clip right out of his mouth! He didn't even get upset. And you didn't even put it in your mouth. You actually held it out for him after you looked at it, as if to say, here ya go, just checking it out. Paci's are kind of a foreign concept to you I suppose, you must have just been intrigued!
 
Right at 10 months we added some new fruits to your diet! Strawberries, cantaloupe, and grapes. Delish! You have also grown really fond of tofu and shredded cheese. Makes your Godmomma proud! We also started giving you little bits of shredded chicken this past week and you LOVE it. Your favorites are still cheese and puffs though. You would live off of those I'd let you. You also love, love, love to feed yourself with the spoon and you've gotten incredibly good at it! Inevitably a lot of your food ends up in your hair or on your forehead, but you do a great job considering!

You love to laugh, and Dad is still your number one source of giggles and fun. You are such a happy baby, unless you're sick, in which case you really want no one but Mom. You are such a talker! Sounds now include a wide range of ba, ma, da, pa, ta, eh, beh, and various pitches of squeaks and squeals. But your favorite word is still "dada". "Mama" melts my heart away and you can pretty much get away with anything when I hear it.
Among your newest favorite tricks are the fun sounds you've learned to make! You are definitely exploring that voice of yours.



Every day and every week seem to go by so fast. After we put you to bed at the end of a long day, I find myself wondering where the all the time went. Every day is a whirlwind, but it's all so worth it. You make our lives so much fun, I can't even remember what things were like before you. Well, I vaguely remember what sleep was like (huh? sleep? what's that?), but even the joy of sleep isn't great enough to outweigh the joy of getting to love you! Happy ten months my little monkey. Momma loves you.

I love this smile!




nom, nom, nom

No comments:

Post a Comment