I can't figure out how else to share this amazing post my friend Melissa sent me, so I'm sharing the link here.
I thought a lot about whether or not to share this. Why is it so easy to share a funny e-mail forward but much harder to share something much more meaningful? Fear of perception? Fear of misperception? I think it's hard to put ourselves out there, share our beliefs with others. It's scary. But isn't that exactly what we are called to do? Shouldn't we take a risk when we feel God calling us to share something of His? This blogger, Caitlin, she took a risk in sharing her story. I'm just passing it along because I couldn't have said it better myself. And I couldn't agree more with her.
For those who are skeptical, give it a chance. Make time to read it all the way through. Then just think and pray about it. Even if you aren't Catholic, the truths in it are liberating and empowering to any believer, no matter what denomination you are. And remember, for those who use contraception, it's not about judgement (she says this in the end, so don't stop reading before you get there!), it's about opening your mind to another way of thinking. And asking God to show you His way. Then just be willing to listen and follow Him.
Catholic Cookie Jar: Why We Don't Use Contraception: Natural Family Planning (NFP)
No comments:
Post a Comment