Sunday, August 18, 2013

Welcome Norah Isabel

Introducing Norah Isabel Elliott, born August 3rd, 2013; at 9:05 in the morning; weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces; and measuring 19 and 3/4 inches long.



Welcome to the world baby girl!

Let's just say you definitely surprised us! After a couple of false alarms (no trips to the hospital involved), I had finally resigned myself to the fact that you just were not going to come into this world before your due date (August 8th) as I had been expecting after my 37 and 38 week check ups. But early in the morning on August 3rd, you surprised me yet again. I woke up at 1:51 AM needing to go the bathroom (not uncommon) and feeling a slight contraction (also not uncommon as I'd been feeling those for the past week and half). But this time for some reason I chose not to get back in bed. I went to the living room, didn't even turn on TV, but just started timing them. They were 8, then 10, then 12 minutes apart. Not wanting to be disappointed by a false alarm again, and not wanting to wake your dad up for a false alarm, I decided I would wait until I had accumulated at least eight total contractions around 8-10 minutes apart before waking him... shortly after 3:00, I woke him. :) Still a little unsure of myself, we headed to the hospital (bags had been packed for a few days already and thankfully Buela was here to stay with big brother Jacob).  I remarked to your dad that I really hoped we didn't get sent home. He reassured me it would be better to be sent home than have you at home. As we drove the 35 minute route to the hospital, it became clear to us that we were not going to be sent home - you were really coming! Contractions grew stronger and closer together, now around 4-6 minutes apart by the time we parked in the garage. Dad was a champ and took care of all of the registration stuff for me so I wouldn't have to deal with talking to anyone too much. We got checked into the delivery room around 4:00. Five hours, 4 more cm, and an epidural later....you were born.

Getting to hold you instantly, something we had not been able to do with big brother because of his breathing troubles, was a complete joy. It was surreal - were we really now the parents of two beautiful babies? Did we really just have a baby girl? We were, and are, thankful beyond words, at the blessing of bringing you into this world. You are a perfect little gift from God and we love you so, so very much.

You had so many visitors at the hospital your first two days of life, most importantly - your big brother Jacob. This first picture about sums up his mood during your first week with us. :) But he loves you so, constantly asks to give you kisses, says "bless you, Norah" every time you sneeze, and very promptly lets us know "baby crying" any time he hears your whimper. He's definitely got your back.


and now we are four!


Your visitors also included Buela, Uncle Mo, Nana, Papa, Uncle Matt, Aunt Lisa, Caitlyn, Elizabeth, Melissa, Alicia, Scott and Stephanie, Kristen and Ola. Since then, you've also had lots of visitors at home - you are truly loved, little one!





mommy & daughter time

We've been home about two weeks now and you have blown us away at what a good sleeper and eater you are. Diaper changes are one of your least favorite activities, but busting out the old wipe warmer has helped out in that department. Eating, sleeping, and pooping are your favorite activities. :)

You are our little grunter, squeaker, little funny noise maker. You've started to have more awake time just in the last couple of days, and it's been so fun to see your eyes open more. You're neck is already super strong! You haven't minded tummy time one bit so far and have impressed us with how you can lift your head up for so long. You're off to a great start, love bug. I don't know where the time goes, but somehow you're already two weeks old. I can't wait to see what the next several weeks have in store for you!

going home from the hospital, Aug 5th

home with Buela

first manicure

first doctor's appointment

rough day!

awake!

sweet, sweet, sleep

kisses from big brother
tummy time
frutillita (little strawberry)
love this bow!! (thank you Mo!)
1 week old, August 10th
2 weeks old, August 17th


No comments:

Post a Comment