Sunday, June 17, 2012

Me n my dad

In honor of Jim's first official Father's Day celebration (last year kind of counts as the first even though Jacob was still in the womb - "a person's a person no matter how small!")... here are a few of my favorite moments between Daddy and son captured on camera. But first, a message about the man of the day...

It really amazes me how much Jacob lights up when Dad walks into the room. If anyone can make him smile when he's feeling tired or cranky, it's his dad. In the mornings, when I'm nursing him before we're off to work and school, after he's at least half full, he turns his head constantly waiting to see when Dad is going to come downstairs to say good morning. When we get home from a long day and Dad walks into the garage to greet us, Jacob greets him in return with laughs and squeals. On lazy days at home, when he hears his Dad's voice he looks all around, even doing back bends and crazy full body twists, until he has spotted his dad in the room. And then gets the biggest ear-to-ear grin on his face when he finally does. I love how much he loves his Daddy. You're an incredible father, Jim, and I'm so blessed to be a part of this family that you lead with such dignity. We love you Pop!
























2 comments:

  1. How adorable...I love that precious little laugh!!! Can you believe how much he's grown? What great pictures of Jacob & his daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kathy! I know - it's crazy how fast they grow! Hope we can see you girls again soon. :)

      Delete