Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In prayer

This post is dedicated solely to the Wallis and Sapaugh families, and in particular, Kristin Sapaugh Wallis, who has endured more than I can ever begin to imagine possible. There is no way I can begin to share her story with the right words, so I will direct you to her blog, Worth the Wait, instead.

I was blessed to be a part of her husband Tyson's college days through our involvement in Fish Camp at Texas A&M, and remember meeting Kristin several times in those days. He was madly in love with her then and from reading Kristin's blog, it is obvious he remained as madly in love with her in their post-college years, as she likewise was with him. If you read her blog, and I pray that you will, you'll see what I mean. And you'll see how deeply in love they both were with their twin 18-month-old daughters, Olivia and Eleanor.

I am inspired by Kristin and her faith. She has been through unbelievable tragedy and suffered great loss, but from reading her blog, it is evident that her faith in God our Father carries her through. I want to share her story so you will lift her up in your prayers. She needs them. After losing Tyson suddenly and tragically in January, she just lost Olivia, earlier this week. My heart breaks for this family.

As a new mother myself, I am left unsettled by her tragic losses. But I have to believe there is nothing greater than God's love. He loves Kristin and Eleanor and will carry them through this horrific pain. Please join me in dedicating your prayers to lift up this family in their time of great need. 

Lord, please watch over Kristin and Eleanor tonight and always. Wrap them in the comfort and peace of their Heavenly Father's arms. May they cling to you in their darkest moments,  when all hope seems lost and faith feels weak. May they continue to be surrounded by loving, supportive friends and family to help them get through the day to day. Welcome Tyson and Olivia into your Kingdom and may they watch over and help guide Kristin and Eleanor all the days of their lives. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment