Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jacob's first run

Jacob and I went on our first run together today.  It was, well, it was exhausting! After today's brief but exhilarating run, I have so much more respect for the many runners I've seen pushing strollers in races!

The running stroller was the baby product I was most excited about getting while pregnant. I did so much research and ultimately decided on the ever reputable B.O.B.  Thinking of future marathon aspirations, I opted for the B.O.B. Ironman, which has larger, thinner wheels than the more popular Revolution, and also has a fixed front wheel with no option to swivel. Yes, NO option to swivel.  So many reviews said these features made it the better option for "serious" long distance runners, so despite knowing that the fixed front wheel would make the simple task of turning much, much harder, I went for it.

Well, today we proved that yes, turning a 20 lb stroller with a fixed front wheel, and the 10 lb carrier and 9 lb baby attached,  is in fact MUCH harder.  Turns out they weren't kidding about that.  On the positive side my arms also got a work out on today's run. Now there's another first.

All in all, I do love our B.O.B. and foresee many more runs together in it on my way to becoming a "serious runner" again.  Perhaps even some training for the Dallas White Rock Marathon in December.

I had hoped that all this exercise would help my little guy tire out for a good early evening nap, but alas, his eyes were wide open after our little escapade.  So we stopped for a Starbucks and enjoyed a little bit of the gorgeous day together.  I hope we have many more of these mommy and me fun times together outside and can't way for the day those little legs can run beside me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment