| Happy 3 quarters! |
You turned three quarters last Wednesday. I still cannot believe that I have a NINE month old son! Saying that out loud kind of blows my mind. Me? A mom? A mom to an almost 1 year old?! I pinch myself and sure enough...I'm not dreaming.
The last 9 months of watching you grow have been incredible. Your dad and I are so blessed to be your parents. We love watching you accomplish new feats and explore your world. And boy, do you love to explore. Over the last month you have really shown me that you are all BOY. I read once that God made boys to be explorers, wild and untamed beings, always seeking adventure. So far that's right on point. You still love to be held, especially by Mommy, but even when you're in my arms, you are busy climbing me like a tree. You're hardly ever still, not even for a few seconds. You always want to see what's going on around you and you'll do a nose dive for anything interesting or new in my hands. You're favorite toys, however, are the forbidden ones. Of course! Car keys, iPhones or iPads, Dad's glasses...basically anything that I don't want you to have.
Know how else I know you are all boy? You love farting sounds. Think they are hysterical! And you usually laugh proudly at yourself whenever you toot! You also love zerberts (Dad has informed me that no one knows what these are so I will explain. This is the name we used as kids to describe the funny, trumpet-like sound that is made when you blow on someone's belly or cheek. Or arm or leg). Anyway, you love to give us zerberts!
Early this month, you started pulling yourself up! We hold out our hands and you grab on and up, up, up you go! Grinning ear to ear the whole time. It's so fun for you! Tonight you almost pulled yourself all the way up in the bath tub! A slippery place to practice, but again, you have no fear - goes back to the boy thing I suppose. You still love to stand and I almost always have to force you to sit in your car seat because you usually lock your knees stiff as boards when I go to put you in it. Your second favorite toy is a buckle. Any buckle - the car seat buckle, high chair buckle, changing table buckle. You are fascinated by them!
We've kept adding table food to your mealtimes and you have really started to get the hang of it. You like your peas now! You really like to hold about 4 or 5 of them in your mouth at a time and then just let them fall out as you smile or laugh at something Dad does. But occasionally you actually chew them up too. :) Huge news at around 8 1/2 months was the arrival of your first tooth!!! It was the bottom left one. And right at your 9 month birthday, your top left one cut! I'm sad that you won't be giving us nose kisses much anymore, since those will be much more painful with teeth! But so happy to see your cute little teethies.
You have also started taking the spoon right out of my hand when I feed you. Makes for the messiest but most fun mealtimes we've ever had. I'm so grateful for an easy to clean high chair because it takes a bath in the vegetable of the day at every meal.
| getting great at actually getting food in your mouth! |
You still love peek-a-boo and have started to play it yourself, "hiding" behind your bowl at mealtime and squealing with laughter when I say, "peek-a-boo! Uh oh, where's Jacob?!?" The look of pride on your face for successfully hiding from Mommy is priceless.
You said Mama for the first time right at 9 months! Dada is still your absolute favorite word, but Mama is your go-to word now when you're crying. I hate to see you cry, but have loved to hear the sound of Mama.
A few days ago you belly crawled from one end of the couch all the way to the other. You were a boy on a mission for Dad's phone and you weren't going to stop until you were within arms' reach. See how you love those forbidden toys!
It's hard to believe how much you've grown and how big you are getting, my little monkey. I think back to the early days of holding you every so carefully in my arms and how you barely took up any space in your crib. Now I look at you when you're asleep and wonder who that giant baby is that sneaked into your crib. I love you so much and am so blessed to be your Mom. You have brought your dad and me more joy than you could possible imagine! Love you kiddo!!!
Your 9 month stats
Weight: 15 lb 9 oz (3%)
Length: 25 in (3%)
Head Circumference: 44.6 cm (30%)
| there goes that adventurous spirit! |



No comments:
Post a Comment