Temper tantrums have officially begun. Mini ones, yes, but tantrums nonetheless. Usually centered around Mom stopping him from putting the phone or remote control, or other such object ill fit for little mouths, into his mouth. Innocent yet purposeful toddler-style manipulation of Mom has also begun. I've noticed it lately in the giant ear-to-ear grin he gets on his face when I pick him right back up after he starts crying when I set him down. It's still pretty cute though and makes me chuckle as I shake my head, admitting out loud to him that he sure does have Mom wrapped around his finger. For now.
Meal times are messy with a capital M. I really LOVE every minute of it. Love watching him explore his food, and try ever so hard to pick up the difficult to grasp, slippery, slithery, little pieces of pears, bananas, peaches, or kiwis. Love as his cheeks droop down into his chest as he looks down into his lap searching for the dropped pea or carrot. Love watching him stuff as many puffs as he can into his mouth before swallowing (now we know why God gave him those big cheeks!). The only downside to these incredibly memorable times is the clean up that must occur afterwards. As I sit to type, my back literally is throbbing from cleaning up after the third meal of the day. But, it comes with the territory and is totally worth it.
| hard to tell because it's pears, but we had to take a bath after breakfast this day! |
Along with meal time messiness, has begun the toddler-like game of throw-my-spoon-on-the-floor-and-watch-Mom-pick-it-up. Awesome. Yes, I know that we must put an end to this one quickly. I am still undecided whether he is doing this one on purpose yet or not.
Anyhow, I can see I've got my work cut out for me as we slowly venture into the world of discipline and the word "no". At the end of the day, he is still my sweet little baby boy who loves to cuddle with me before bedtime. And these tender moments are the ones that make me say thank you to God for all of it. The good, the bad, the messy, the clean, the bitter, and the sweet.

No comments:
Post a Comment