Thursday, April 12, 2012
Cinco
Jacob,
Your 5th month of life has brought about so many fun new developments and adventures! You've started rolling over from back to tummy and tummy to back, although you are much better at the former than the latter. This particular development has been one of those wake-you-up-at-night kind because you get frustrated by being on your tummy and not being able to turn your head enough to get comfortable. To me, it's actually pretty cute, but to you, it's quite the opposite - just down right not fun. So, your dad or I end up turning you over onto you back to put you out of your crying misery. I know you'll figure it out soon enough though. :)
You've started holding your bottle with both hands! At night, Dad usually gives you a bottle before bed. It's a great time for the two of you to snuggle and bond, especially now that Daddy has started working a little later again. While you may not do it every time, or hold on for the whole feeding, Dad is loving this new development and enjoying you picking up some of the hard work. He'd've put you to work sooner if he could've. ;)
You are laughing SO MUCH these days! Still, no one can make you laugh quite like your Dad does. Your giggles are the cutest sounds in the world. That gummy smile and those little gurgley giggles are enough to make even Scrooge's heart melt. All your dad has to do is walk by and you light up with a big smile. It's the sweetest thing for me to watch.
You are gnawing on everything! And lately have started sticking your fingers so far down your mouth that you occasionally make yourself choke a little from it. Scary! You're still not really interested in cereal but you would think that you were ready to eat a t-bone steak by the way you bite away at anything that you can get your hands on. Which brings me to...
You found your toes! And boy do you LOVE your toes. So much that I think they have become your favorite thing to eat. It's funny to watch you sitting up (still supported) and as you gaze downward, your lock your eyes on your target. Those scrumptious ten little piggies. You slowly lower your head as you reach for them and then, boom! You've folded in half into a perfect little forward fold, yogi style. And when you're laying down, forget about it - those toes go straight into your mouth - it's quite impressive actually. Very Cirque de Soleil-esque.
You have started hugging and kissing! Well, your own little version of hugging and kissing. The kisses are mostly open mouth pressed against my cheek or nose, but since you don't try to eat them (smile), I take this to be a different expression on your part - a little kiss for your mommy. And your hugs are the sweetest. You've started wrapping your arm around our shoulders when we carry you. And occasionally you lean in tight, when you're not busy looking around intently and taking in the world around you. I love these hugs.
You went through (and survived like a champ!) your first ear infection. I feel like the pediatrician's office should hand out frequent shopper points. We would totally be able to cash those in for a cool prize.
You've very recently started making your first consonant sounds! "Go" and "Ba" were the first two, in that order. Still lots of oohs and ahhs and squeals, but the consonants have made their appearance!
You've discovered the wonderful world of...spit and spit bubbles! Makes Daddy proud. I'm sure it will make for an interesting time when you start eating veggies and fruits. But for now, we play along and blow spit bubbles right back at you because it's funny. And we'll do just about anything to make you laugh!
You still don't want to sleep through the night - I don't blame you, we're pretty fun people. I would want to wake up to eat just to hang out with us, too. ;) But we'll work on this soon enough. That is, if I can ever find time to read the Dr. Ferber sleep book I bought instead of using it as a coaster.
You're growing up so fast!!! I can't believe you are already 5 months old!!!
***4/13 Update: You proved me wrong overnight! You both slept through the night (9 pm to 5 am - woohoo!!!) AND figured out how to get comfy on your tummy by turning your little head to the side. It's like you knew I was spreading rumors about you on-line! Way to go, kiddo. You did so well!!! Now let's see if we can do that again tonight, shall we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment